Descendants of William Hall Aymett
Generation No. 1
1. WILLIAM HALL1 AYMETT was born July 22, 1797 in New Bern, NC, and died June 11, 1891 in Giles Co., TN. He married LOUISA JANE HAMILTON January 27, 1820 in Rutherford Co., Murfreesboro,TN, daughter of HANCE HAMILTON and MARY MCNAIRY.
Children of WILLIAM AYMETT and LOUISA HAMILTON are:
2. i. MARY CATHERINE2 AYMETT, b. January 08, 1821; d. March 04, 1905.
ii. HARRIET THEODOCIA AYMETT, b. December 24, 1822; d. Unknown; m. PRESLEY B. BUCHANAN, November 09, 1837, Arkadephalia, Arkansas.
3. iii. HANCE HAMILTON AYMETT, b. June 04, 1825; d. March 16, 1910.
4. iv. JAMES MCNAIRY AYMETT, b. August 17, 1827; d. March 16, 1910.
v. WILLIAM HALL AYMETT , JR., b. November 29, 1829; m. (1) MILDRED M. ABERNATHY, April 21, 1854; m. (2) LUCY CATHERINE ABERNATHY, October 12, 1871; m. (3) KATE C. OLIVER, November 25, 1882.
vi. HENRY CLAY AYMETT, b. May 08, 1832; d. 1889; m. MARY M. HARWELL, November 14, 1854.
vii. ROBERT TILMAN AYMETT, b. September 17, 1834.
viii. ALGERNON SYDNEY AYMETT, b. September 29, 1837.
ix. TWIN AYMETT, b. September 29, 1837; d. November 01, 1837.
x. ANNE ELIZA AYMETT, b. November 13, 1839.
xi. JOHN MCDONALD AYMETT, b. February 09, 1842; m. ANNE ELIZA HARWELL.
xii. FRANCIS GREEN MCDUFFY AYMETT, b. September 13, 1844; d. Unknown; m. ADA ABERNATHY.
Generation No. 2
2. MARY CATHERINE2 AYMETT (WILLIAM HALL 1) was born January 08, 1821, and died March 04, 1905. She married KENSINGTON A. BUCHANAN September 01, 1836 in Arkadephalia, Arkansas.
Children of MARY AYMETT and KENSINGTON BUCHANAN are:
i. JOHN TYREE3 BUCHANAN, b. February 23, 1841.
ii. CHESLEY MARION BUCHANAN, b. March 15, 1843, Pulaski, Giles County, Tennessee; d. June 30, 1932, Prescott, Nevada County, Arkansas; m. CORA DONNELL, October 09, 1865, Clark County, Arkansas.
iii. HANCE JONES BUCHANAN, b. July 31, 1843.
iv. ADA BUCHANAN, b. February 02, 1849.
v. ELENOR BUCHANAN, b. 1851.
vi. MARY BUCHANAN, b. 1854.
vii. WILLIAM BUCHANAN, b. 1856.
viii. BOYD M. BUCHANAN, b. February 07, 1857.
ix. MARY EDITH BUCHANAN, b. August 09, 1857.
3. HANCE HAMILTON2 AYMETT (WILLIAM HALL 1) was born June 04, 1825, and died March 16, 1910. He married FRANCES ANN MCLIN March 05, 1847.
Notes for HANCE HAMILTON AYMETT:
Civil War Veteran
Children of HANCE AYMETT and FRANCES MCLIN are:
i. THOMAS W.3 AYMETT, b. 1856.
ii. ANNIE AYMETT, b. October 20, 1859; d. June 23, 1880; m. LEWIS KING.
5. iii. HARRIET LADOCIA AYMETT, b. December 01, 1861; d. August 12, 1929, Leatherwood Creek family home, Pulaski, Giles County, TN.
iv. BENJAMIN AYMETT, b. 1867.
v. LIZZIE P. AYMETT, b. 1867.
vi. WILLIAM B. AYMETT, b. 1874.
vii. ADELLA AYMETT, b. 1849.
4. JAMES MCNAIRY2 AYMETT (WILLIAM HALL 1) was born August 17, 1827, and died March 16, 1910. He married MARY C. MCLIN January 20, 1857.
Child of JAMES AYMETT and MARY MCLIN is:
6. i. JAMES VERNON3 AYMETT, b. October 20, 1856; d. July 13, 1932.
Generation No. 3
5. HARRIET LADOCIA3 AYMETT (HANCE HAMILTON 2, WILLIAM HALL 1) was born December 01, 1861, and died August 12, 1929 in Leatherwood Creek family home, Pulaski, Giles County, TN. She married STONEWALL LEE HOPKINS Unknown, son of GUSTAVUS HOPKINS and ELIZABETH BROWN.
More About HARRIET LADOCIA AYMETT:
Cause of Death: Cause of death is cancer of the stomach, pancreas and cecum.
Medical Information: Cause of death taken from State of TN Death CertificateFile No.: 19784
Notes for STONEWALL LEE HOPKINS:
The Pulaski Citizen
Dated: Wednesday, May 4 1949
Samuel Lee Hopkins
Funeral service for Samuel Lee Hopkins, 87,
retired farmer and magistrate in Giles County
Court, who died fridat, April 28, at the home of his son,
John Hopkins, in the Eighth Civil District., were held
2 o'clock Saturday afternoon in the parlors of
Bennett-May Funeral Home. Rites were conducted by the
Rev. Marshall D. Moss, pastor of Rehoboth Methodist Church
and burial took place in the Hopkins Cemetery. He had been in
declining health for several years.
Mr. Hopkins who had served a total of twenty years in
County Court, was a lifelong resident of the county and was the
son of the late Adolphus Hopkins and Elizabeth Brown Hopkins.
His wife Mrs Docia Aymett Hopkins, Pulaski and Holmes
Hopkins, Pensacola, FL and five grandchildred.
More About STONEWALL LEE HOPKINS:
Fact 1: 1907, Magistrate
Children of HARRIET AYMETT and STONEWALL HOPKINS are:
i. HENRY LEE4 HOPKINS, b. July 07, 1880; d. August 20, 1898.
7. ii. JOHN HAMILTON HOPKINS, b. April 06, 1882; d. September 12, 1976.
8. iii. MYRA ELEANOR HOPKINS, b. January 19, 1884, Pulaski, TN.
iv. HOLMS ADOLPHUS HOPKINS, b. August 17, 1887; d. July 1962, Florida.
9. v. HOWARD GRADY HOPKINS, b. November 12, 1893, Pulaski, TN; d. January 17, 1947, Nashville, TN.
6. JAMES VERNON3 AYMETT (JAMES MCNAIRY 2, WILLIAM HALL 1) was born October 20, 1856, and died July 13, 1932. He married ELIZ BUTLER ABERNATHY Unknown, daughter of ALFRED ABERNATHY and ELIZABETH BUTLER.
Children of JAMES AYMETT and ELIZ ABERNATHY are:
10. i. MARY ELIZABETH4 AYMETT, b. April 29, 1888, Pulaski, Giles County, TN.
ii. ELISE AYMETT, m. CLEVELAND INGRAM.
iii. JAMES VERNON AYMETT.
iv. VASTI AYMETT, m. J.B. MARKS , JR.
Generation No. 4
7. JOHN HAMILTON4 HOPKINS (HARRIET LADOCIA 3 AYMETT, HANCE HAMILTON 2, WILLIAM HALL 1) was born April 06, 1882, and died September 12, 1976. He married ELIZABETH SCALES December 20, 1911, daughter of WILLIAM SCALES and MARGARET BROWN.
Child of JOHN HOPKINS and ELIZABETH SCALES is:
i. JOHN WALTER5 HOPKINS, b. November 15, Aymett Town, Giles Co., Tn; m. ANICE PAYSINGER, December 24, 1933, Pisgah, TN.
8. MYRA ELEANOR4 HOPKINS (HARRIET LADOCIA 3 AYMETT, HANCE HAMILTON 2, WILLIAM HALL 1) was born January 19, 1884 in Pulaski, TN. She married ROBERT BOWERS WYNNE November 09, 1904.
Children of MYRA HOPKINS and ROBERT WYNNE are:
i. ERA5 WYNNE, b. 1906; d. July 11, 1986; m. GEORGE LEE NEWMAN.
ii. ELEANOR WYNNE.
9. HOWARD GRADY4 HOPKINS (HARRIET LADOCIA 3 AYMETT, HANCE HAMILTON 2, WILLIAM HALL 1) was born November 12, 1893 in Pulaski, TN, and died January 17, 1947 in Nashville, TN. He married EXIE DEE CARPENTER 1928, daughter of AMBROSE CARPENTER and VILLA TRAVIS.
Notes for HOWARD GRADY HOPKINS:
The Pulaski Times
Howard Grady Hopkins, 53, son of Esquire Sam L. Hopkins and the
late Mrs. Docia Aymett Hopkins, died Friday, January 17th, in
Nashville. Funeral services were conducted Sunday, January 19th
at the Bennet-May Funeral Home in Pulaski. Interment was in the
graveyard near Blooming Grove.
Mr. Hopkins was born and reared near Blooming grove and lived
there until about four years ago when he moved to Lima, Ohio
and recently to Nashville. In addition to his father, Mr. Hopkins is
survived by son, Dan Hopkins; two brothers, John H. Hopkins of
Pulaski, and Holmes A. Hopkins of Pensacola, Florida,
Mrs. M. L. Gaines, Monette, Arkansas, Mrs. James T. Taylor,
Huntsville, Ala. and Mrs George Newman, Delrose.
Children of HOWARD HOPKINS and EXIE CARPENTER are:
i. DAN GENTRY5 HOPKINS, b. Private; m. EVA MAY MOWREY, Private, Lima, Allen County, Ohio.
ii. GAIL HOPKINS, b. Unknown; d. Unknown.
10. MARY ELIZABETH4 AYMETT (JAMES VERNON 3, JAMES MCNAIRY 2, WILLIAM HALL 1) was born April 29, 1888 in Pulaski, Giles County, TN. She married EDWARD LEE HOPKINS May 10, 1904 in Pulaski, Giles County, TN, son of WM HOPKINS and ETHELINDA HARWELL.
Children of MARY AYMETT and EDWARD HOPKINS are:
i. CLARENCE AYMETT5 HOPKINS, b. Private, Pulaski, Giles County, TN; m. DOROTHY EWING LASSITER, Private, Pulaski, Giles County, TN.
ii. EDWARD LEE HOPKINS , JR, b. January 04, 1908; d. October 17, 1949.
iii. BROWN ABERNATHY HOPKINS, b. October 23, 1910; d. October 25, 1949.
Submitted by Nancy Wasness