Johann De Waaje
1. John1 C. Devasier He was born abt 177- in Germany, and he died abt 183- in Giles Co., TN. He married abt 178- in ?, VA to _______ (Mary?).
The children of John C. and Mary? ______ are:
+ 2 i. John2 C. b Sept 15, 1788 in ?, VA d abt 1836 m Elizabeth McDaniel, goes off to Allen Co., KY by 1815 - first deed is Jan 1815 Barren County, Kentucky. Allen County was formed shortly after this and his land fell into Allen.
+ 3 ii. Mary2 b Dec 24 1791 in VA d Dec 5 1859 buried Evans Cemetery, about 2 miles south of Waco on Highway 31-s, left side of road, Giles Co., TN, m Dec 18 1809 in Amherst Co., VA to Henry Shrader. They move to Giles Co., TN with John Sr and William Devasier.
+ 4 iii. William2 b abt 1795 Amherst Co.,VA d abt 1834-40 in Giles Co., TN
m abt 1814 in ?, TN to Drucilla Booker b abt 1799 in ? d bef 1850? in Maury Co.,TN
5 iv. daughter2 ?
6 v. daughter2 ?
2. John C.2 Devasher (John1 C.) He was born on Sept 15, 1778 in ?, VA, and he died abt 1836 in Allen Co., KY. He married on Feb 3, 1803 in Amherst Co., VA to Elizabeth McDaniel. She was born on Aug 3, 1779 in ?, VA, and she died on April, 1862 in Barren Co., KY.
The children of John and Elizabeth are:
+ 7 i. William b abt 1803 in ?, VA, d abt 1876 in Allen Co., KY m 1831 Elizabeth Calvert
8 ii. Daniel McDaniel b Aug 19, 1806 d Dec 6, 1885 in Johnson Co., MO m Sept 7, 1830 to Sally W. Dawson
9 iii. Ann b Sept 15, 1808 d May 30, 1868 in Barren Co., KY m Apr. 1,1829 to Jesse Sykes
10 iv. female child b ca. 1810 - died young
11 v. Alexander L. b Jan 31, 1811 d Aug 4, 1875 Barren Co., KY, m Feb 4, 1832 to Katherine B. Lewis
12 vi John H. b Oct 28, 1813 d March 5, 1893 in Allen Co., KY m Nov 21,1836 to Elizabeth Gibson.
13 vi. Nancy b Dec 12, 1815 d July 10, 1893 in Barren Co., KY m Oct 10, 1838 to Drury B. Spillman
14 vii. Elizabeth M. b abt 1820 d Sept 22, 1852 in Allen Co., KY m Nov 28, 1848 to James S. Brunson
15 viii. Henry S. b Aug 20, 1823 d July 14, 1885 in Johnson Co., MO m Feb 4, 1850 to Amy Jane Williams.
3. Mary2 Devasher (John1 C.) She was born Dec 24 1791 in ?, VA, and she died Dec 5 1859 in Giles or Warren Co., TN. She is buried Evans Cemetery, about 2 miles south of Waco on Highway 31-s, left side of road, Giles Co., TN. She married on Dec 18 1809 in Amherst Co., VA to Henry Shrader. Henry was born abt 1790 in ?, and he died Feb1850 in Warren Co., TN. They move to Maury, then Giles Co., TN with John, John C., and William Devasier. The Schraders appear to have owned mills in the places they lived.
The children of Henry and Mary are:
16 i. Daniel G. (Green ?)b Oct 28 1815 d Apr 18, 1847 in Giles Co., TN m (1) (B 10/14/1841) on 12/15/1841 (by F. T. McClaurine, J.P.) to Mary T. Angus m (2) Jan 19, 1842 to Elizabeth Tacker
+ 17 ii. Mary M. b 1817 d m James Francis (In Giles Co. 1840-60)
18 iii. Henry R. b 1819 m abt 1843 to Jane _____ (In Giles Co. 1850-0)
19 iv. John D. (Devasier?) b abt 1823 m Nancy Smith and lived in Warren County, TN.
20 v. Elizabeth b abt 1824 m James M. Lytle (Lived in Warren Co., TN)
21 vi. Peter M. b abt 1827 m Adeline_____ (In Giles Co. 1850, moved to Calloway Co., Ky & are buried there.)
22 vii. Parthenia b abt 1828 m Richard Carpenter
23 viii. Female ? b abt 1829
24 ix. George b abt 1830 m Sarah Featherstone?
25 x. William H. b abt 1833 m Amanda A. F. Frazier (In Coffee Co., TN in 1870)
4. William2 Devasier (John1 C.) He was born abt 1795 in Amherst Co.,VA, and he died abt 1834-40 in Giles Co., TN. He was married abt 1814 in ?, TN to Drucilla Booker. She was born abt 1799 in ?, and she died bef 1850? in Maury Co.,TN.
The children of William and Drucilla are:
26 i. Mary Olona b 1815 in Giles Co., TN d ? m Jan 25,1838 in Laclede, Mo to Samuel O'Dell.
27 ii. Daniel J. b abt 1816 in ?, TN m abt 1839 Lucinda C. b abt 1820 in ?, TN
28 iii. Aaron b abt 1819 d ?? m ?(lived Laclede Co., MO 1850, *note: he may have been killed in the Civil War)
29 iv. Franklin b abt 1822 m Elizabeth ? (lived Mississippi Co., MO 1850)
30 v. Sidney (Susy) Jane b April 24, 1923 m Nov 30 1840 in Lawrence Co., TN to James R (K) Bennett
+ 31 vi. Green D. b abt 1825 Giles Co., TN d ?? m abt 1846 in ? to Melinda Lee
+ 32 vii. Booker b abt 1826 m 1/7/1847 in Maury Co., TN to Frances Ellen Lindsay
33 viii. James b abt 1828 m Lucinda (A. Green?)
+ 34 ix. Caroline Minerva Devasier b Jan 1, 1833 d abt 1813 in Bell Co., TX m Oct 7, 1849 in Lawrence Co., TN to William Pemberton Stewart II
7. William3 Davasher (John C.,2 John1 C.) He was born abt 1803 in ?, VA, and he died abt 1876 in Allen Co., KY. He married abt 1831 in ?, KY to Elizabeth Calvert. She was born abt 1805 ?, KY? to John and Jane (Russell) Calvert.
The children of William and Elizabeth are:
35 i. Male?
36 ii. William T. b Feb 23, 1837 Allen Co., KY d m Sept 8, 1857 to Minerva Glover
37 iii. Male
38 iv.Elizabeth b ? d Sept 22, 1852 m Nov 28, 1848 in Allen Co., KY to James S. Brunson
39 v. male
40 vi. female
41 vii. male
42 viii. female
43 ix. Male
17. Mary M. Devasher (Mary,2 John1 C.) She was born abt 1817 in Giles Co., TN?, and she died abt ? She married abt 1838 in Giles Co., TN to James Francis. James Francis was born abt 1814 in ?, NC.
The Children of Mary and James are:
44 i. William H. b abt 1840 in Giles Co., TN
45 ii Elizabeth b abt 1842 in Giles Co., TN
46 iii. James E. or A. b abt 1845 in Giles Co., TN
47 iv. Mary Ann b abt 1846 in Giles Co., TN
48 v. John B b abt 1849 in Giles Co., TN m Martha Jane Stewart (daughter of WP and Caroline Minerva Devasier)
+ more children???
31. Green3 D. Devasier (William,2 John1 C.) He was born abt 1825 Giles Co., TN, and he died ?? He married abt 1846 in ? to Melinda Lee. She was born abt 1830 in Columbia, TN, and she died bef 1900 in Wayne Co., TN? She was the daughter of Andrew Lee and Mariah Garland (full-blooded Choctaw).
The children of Green and Melinda are:
49 i. William T. b 1847 d ? m 26 Dec 1867 Lewis Co., TN to Elizabeth Sims
50 ii. Drewry J. b 1849 (no other info)
51 iii. Matilda b 1851 TN d ?, never married but had daughter Mollie Devasier, b 1876 who married on Jan 14, 1893 in Wayne Co., TN to Lewis Savage
52 iv. Mary J. b 1852 in ?, TN m??? James Madison
53 v. Sarah Rebecca b Sept 1 1853 d Feb 23, 1928 Wayne Co., TN, buried Salem Cemetery, Wayne Co., TN m Aug 4, 1872 Wayne Co., TN to James A. Nutt
54 vi. Amanda C. b 1854 m Nov 24, 1872 Wayne Co., TN to Rufus Lawville.?
55 vii. Estha M. R. b 1855 d 1927 in Chelsea, OK, m Dec 20, 1872 in Wayne Co., TN to Thomas S. Frazier
56 viii. Margaret Ellen b Nov 1856 m July 12, 1874 Wayne Co., TN to Joseph J. Jackson
57 ix. Almira D. b 1858 TN m April 24, 1876 Wayne Co., Tn to George A. W. Jackson (brother to Joseph J.)
58 x. James B. b 1860, Wayne Co., TN, m Oct 26, 1878 Wayne Co., TN to Louisa Fannie Surratt
59 xi. Henry H. b abt 1867, TN, d 1933 Wayne Co., TN, buried Salem Cemetery, married Nov 23, 1894 Wayne Co., TN to Susie Jackson (sister to Joseph and George)
60 xii. Isabella b 1869, m (1) on July 20, 1889 Wayne Co., TN to William L. McLean, apparently married (2) to William Matlock (could not find marriage record). Isabella had a daughter, Callie Devasier, b. Jan 1884.
32. Booker3 Devasier (William,2 John1 C.) He was born abt 1826 in Giles Co., TN, he died before 1878 in St Francis Co., Ark. He married on Jan 7, 1847 in Maury Co., TN to Frances Ellen Lindsay. She was born abt 1827 in ? She was the daughter of William Lindsey and Elizabeth G. ________.
Children of Francis Lindsey and Booker Devasor are:
61 i. Mary A. E. b abt 1848 in Maury Co., TN
62 ii. William H. b abt 1850 in Maury Co., TN
+ 63 iii. John Henry Harrison b abt 1851 in Maury Co., TN
64 iv. James M. b
65 v. Rocksey Enelk b
66 vi. Elbert b
67 vii. Franklin b
34. Caroline3 Minerva Devasier (William,2 John1 C.) was born on Jan 1, 1833 in Giles Co., TN, and she died on Jan 7, 1813 in Bell Co., TX. She was married on Oct 7, 1849 in Lawrence Co., TN to William Pemberton Stewart II - bond Sept 24 1849 in Giles Co.,TN, James Carrell provided security. He was born on Nov 14, 1831 in Hardeman Co., TN, and he died on Jan 20, 1913 in Temple, Bell Co., TX. He was the son of William Pemberton Stewart and Martha Green. They are both buried in North Belton Cemetery, Belton, TX.
The children of Caroline Minerva and William P. are:
68 i. Martha Jane b 8/12/1850 Lawrenceburg, TN d abt 1813 in Bell Co., TN m 9/2/1869 to John B. Francis (son of Mary M Shrader and James Francis)
69 ii. Drucilla b 11/12/1852 Lawrenceburg, TN d 1/16/1853?
70 iii. William Riley b 12/19/1853 Lawrenceburg, TN d m Sallie ?
71 iv. Lazarus (Bug) b 4/3/1856 Lawrenceburg, TN d m Mattie
72 v. Rhoda Emeline b 2/6/1860 Green Hill, Alabama? d m James Gilbert & John Houghton
73 vi. Lizzie D. Annie b 2/8/1863 Green Hill, Alabama? m Samuel Salisbury
74 vii. James Tebedee b 4/27/1865 Lawrenceburg, TN
75 viii. Thomas Major b 8/27/1868 Giles Co., TN m Mary Eugenia Lanier
76 ix. Mary Molly Short b 6/2/1871 Mooresville, Marshall Co., TN m Edward Reed
77 x. John Garrison (ARK) b 10/7/1875 Crockett's Bluff, Arkansas Co., Arkansas m Sarah Lowry & Amanda Elizabeth Willingham
63. John Henry Harrison4 Devazier (Booker,3 William,2 John1 C.) He was born abt 1851 in Maury Co., TN, and he died ? He married (1) Jennie Nelms February 26, 1867, and he married (2) M.J.T. Thompson September 05, 1903.
The children of John H. H. and Jennie Nelms are:
78 i. James Henry Harrison b ? in Pine Tree, St. Francis Co., AR
79 ii. Charley McNight b ?
80 iii. Claud b ?
Submitted by Lyn Rose