The Library is located at 122 S. Second Street, Pulaski, TN 38478
and their Telephone Number is (931) 363-2720.
Library Hours:(Central Time Zone)
- Monday, 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, Closed
- Friday, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The Giles County Historical Society Genealogical and Historical
Room and Museum are housed in the Giles County Public Library. They
have one microfilm reader and one printer-reader available for your
The Genealogy Room at Giles County Public Library has books on many states of the east and southeast. Their collection totals 1800 to 2000 books, and 600 plus rolls of microfilm, which include newspapers from 1866 until today and some from 1840-1865.
- Microfilm of Pulaski newspapers:
- There is now a complete
collection of The Pulaski Citizen (printed for over 140 years)
and The Giles Free Press (printed for almost 40 years).
- The 1820-1930 Giles County Census Records. (The 1820-1880 Census Records are also in book form.)
- The 1914-1945 Giles County Death Records.
- Books of Interest:
- Casimir Pulaski; A Hero of the American Revolution by
- Index to Tennessee Confederate Pensions Applications
by Samuel Sistler.
- Tennessee's Confederate Widows and Their Families by Edna
Wiefering and Charles A. Sherrill.
- Tennesseans in the War of 1812 by Byron and Samuel Sistler
- Other Records Available:
- 1820 - 1930; 1890 (census is veterans and their widows only).
- Transcriptions: Records for 1820 through 1880 also in book
- 1891 Enumeration of Male Inhabitants in Giles County.
- Church records and photos.
- There are additional records, too numerous to list.
Giles County Public Library
122 S. Second St.
Pulaski, TN 38478
fax # (931) 424-7032