Descendants of Charles Clayton Abernathy
Generation No. 1
1. CHARLES CLAYTON3 ABERNATHY (WILLIAM 2, CHARLES 1) was born July 27, 1790 in Brunswick County, Virginia, and died January 02, 1877 in Giles County, Tennessee. He married (1) SUSANNAH WADLEY HARRIS June 15, 1815 in Giles County, Tennessee. He married (2) ELIZABETH HAMILTON DICKSON 1848, daughter of DAVID DICKSON and ELIZABETH MCNAIRY.
Children of CHARLES ABERNATHY and SUSANNAH HARRIS are:
2. i. ALFRED HARRIS4 ABERNATHY.
ii. MARY ANN ABERNATHY, b. August 28, 1818, Giles County, Tennessee; d. 1898.
iii. GILBERT T. ABERNATHY.
iv. CHARLES CLAYTON ABERNATHY.
Children of CHARLES ABERNATHY and ELIZABETH DICKSON are:
v. JAMES POLK4 ABERNATHY.
vi. ROBERT DICKSON ABERNATHY.
vii. HIBERNIA ABERNATHY.
viii. ADA ELIZABETH ABERNATHY.
ix. ROBERT DICKSON ABERNATHY.
x. DELIA TAYLOR ABERNATHY.
xi. CHARLES MOULTON ABERNATHY.
xii. ALBERT SIDNEY ABERNATHY, m. ANNIE VASHTI HOPKINS, June 22, 1882.
Generation No. 2
2. ALFRED HARRIS4 ABERNATHY (CHARLES CLAYTON 3, WILLIAM 2, CHARLES 1). He married ELIZABETH TODD BUTLER.
Notes for ALFRED HARRIS ABERNATHY:
Fought for the Confederacy as a Captain
Children of ALFRED ABERNATHY and ELIZABETH BUTLER are:
i. CHARLES ALFRED5 ABERNATHY, b. April 01, 1853.
3. ii. ELIZ BUTLER ABERNATHY, b. October 27, 1863; d. June 24, 1939.
Generation No. 3
3. ELIZ BUTLER5 ABERNATHY (ALFRED HARRIS 4, CHARLES CLAYTON 3, WILLIAM 2, CHARLES 1) was born October 27, 1863, and died June 24, 1939. She married JAMES VERNON AYMETT Unknown, son of JAMES AYMETT and MARY MCLIN.
Children of ELIZ ABERNATHY and JAMES AYMETT are:
4. i. MARY ELIZABETH6 AYMETT, b. April 29, 1888, Pulaski, Giles County, TN.
ii. ELISE AYMETT, m. CLEVELAND INGRAM.
iii. JAMES VERNON AYMETT.
iv. VASTI AYMETT, m. J.B. MARKS , JR.
Generation No. 4
4. MARY ELIZABETH6 AYMETT (ELIZ BUTLER 5 ABERNATHY, ALFRED HARRIS 4, CHARLES CLAYTON 3, WILLIAM 2, CHARLES 1) was born April 29, 1888 in Pulaski, Giles County, TN. She married EDWARD LEE HOPKINS May 10, 1904 in Pulaski, Giles County, TN, son of WM HOPKINS and ETHELINDA HARWELL.
Children of MARY AYMETT and EDWARD HOPKINS are:
i. CLARENCE AYMETT7 HOPKINS, b. March 06, 1905, Pulaski, Giles County, TN; m. DOROTHY EWING LASSITER, September 25, 1927, Pulaski, Giles County, TN.
ii. EDWARD LEE HOPKINS , JR, b. January 04, 1908; d. October 17, 1949.
iii. BROWN ABERNATHY HOPKINS, b. October 23, 1910; d. October 25, 1949.
Submitted by Nancy Wasness